Saturday, July 17, 2010

What a week

Korey is out of town for a couple of weeks, so I've been trying hard to fill up the empty space he's temporarily left behind. Although next week will have to be a little less fun as there seems to be *ah hum* a little less funding *cough*....and this is how that happened.

The night Korey left, I went to a surprise party for two sweet friends of mine.



Nicole, a friend in my class made these awesome cupcakes from scratch. Too cute! I was so impressed.


(The one in the green shirt.)




We all waited at a local restaurant for Megan to get there. She was birthday girl #1.


She was so surprised!




And then we announced that we were celebrating Emily's birthday too. We had planned it so she thought she was just coming to a surprise party for Megan even though their birthdays are on the same day. Silly girl! I'm so glad it worked out!


I was sitting next to Emily, so luckily my friend Jessica got a good picture of her face when we revealed the surprise!


Please ignore how awful I look after an incredibly long day in the lab. 



The girl on the left is the one that set up the whole party and she so happens to be my neighbor. Such a sweetheart.

Then the next night we went to a hibachi restaurant for Emily's birthday. I didn't take a single picture. It was glorious to just relax and join in the fun. A lot of people from our class went bowling afterward, but I took my fanny home to study and I'm glad I did, because friday's test was incredibly challenging. The whole class agreed on that.




I may have taken a little study break on thursday to play with the puppies across the street. The little black puppy is my favorite, so sweet and tiny. They are available for adoption so if you're interested please comment. I know the owner is very motivated to sell. He may even be giving them away.

To cap off the week, last night I dressed up with some of my friends and we went to see Rocky Horror Picture Show! One of my very best friends, Kelley, came down to go with us and spent the night with me. It was wonderful to see her again and I only wish she could've stayed longer. It was definitely a new scene for me. I had only seen bits and pieces of the movie and it was a lot more graphic than I thought it would be. Still, it was a ton of fun to dress up as a character and bring props and the people watching was fantastic. Although I'm sure a few people looked my way too, but I prefer to think they were looking at Stella. She's the one with the cool super short hair. 


She tried to get me to wear this long blond wig, but I decided against it. It was fun to wear it for the few minutes I kept it on. I was just much more comfortable in my own skin with my original hair, although I must say the thought of going blond has certainly been on my mind lately. 


I worked hard and played hard this week, and now there is even more work to be done. I'm sure I'll find some way to sneak a little fun in too. I still miss seeing my best friend, but if I stay busy he'll be back before I know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment