Friday, July 30, 2010

A few days before Korey came home, we had our class picnic. It was one of my favorite parties that our class has put together. We rented a picnic area at a local park and it was the perfect little spot. It had two grills  that we used to grill hamburgers and hotdogs, a fishing pier, and a dock to swim off of. 

Jeff helped us get started grilling and we were so thankful for his help. He is married to my friend Megan who we surprised for her birthday a few blog entries ago. 



I didn't get a great picture of them together but they brought their sweet new baby and I did get a ton of pictures of him. 


Of course everyone wanted to hold him. 


and Ben just wanted to pet him....



What a cutie!


We had a ton of food


And I made homemade oreos from the blog smitten kitchen. 


I even stamped them this time so that they would look more like true oreos


We ate, and hung out, and played cornhole on the boards that Korey made.


And then we walked to the lake and hung out on the dock.




A few people got in the water voluntarily.



And some...not so voluntarily....




There was fishing too. 


It was a fun day. I only wish that Korey could have come too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment