Thursday, February 18, 2010

A sad day

Today was a sad day. I don't know if you have those, but I do. Not often mind you. In fact this is the first one I've had this year, so there. Are you convinced that I'm not depressed? Put the phone down....slowly.... and just feel blessed that you're not having one too. Or if you are, at least feel a little better that you're not having one alone. Because I'm having one. Today is a sad day.

I'll tell you how I can tell. It's a sad day because nothing has really gone wrong and even so, I'm feeling a little down. I woke up early and studied and did well on my midterm and things in lab didn't go perfectly but not poorly. Korey and I have our days like any normal couple, but ultimately we are incredibly happy and blessed and strong, and today wasn't one of those days for us. I guess I could try and blame my parents, but it's my mom's birthday so that wouldn't be very nice.

If I could pin it on anything, I would say it's probably due to stress. Dental school is one continuous string of stressful situations. Don't get me wrong. I love the work, but it is work and it is neverending. I can't wait for the day when I will think about a day off and be able to think of something that sounds fun to do besides sleep and staying in my pjs all day long.

As I write this I am counting my blessings. It may be a sad day but I have a wonderful man to share the details of my life with, and a home thats warm at night and food in my fridge and shoes on my feet...well not now actually, but i could have them on my feet if they weren't lying in small piles around the house. And I have the opportunity to learn and the ability to make it through dental school and do well, even if I don't do perfectly.

And I wish I could eat chocolate and listen to sappy music and slow dance in the dining room or watch sad movies in bed wrapped in my down comforter. I will have to settle for counting my blessings and listening to some Patty Griffin while studying for radiology, and since it's a sad day, I just might eat a little chocolate.


 I feel better already.

1 comment:

  1. I have these days alot! I hope that doesn't make me depressed! I think its dental school and my hubby not being here to turn to when I need a hug! But Jesus is always there and that makes it all better!

    ReplyDelete