Friday, April 16, 2010

Ashley's Bridal Shower and the rest of spring break



I promised you an update about Ashley's Bridal Shower and if I don't do it now, I won't do it because finals weeks are about to swallow me up. (yes weeks, there are two of them for me. 30 hours of classes will do that to you. Hateful isn't it?)

I had a lot of fun planning and making stuff for Ashley's shower. She was beautiful and everything turned out so well! except for that cake I tried to make another i am baker cake. It tasted delicious, but after making it I realized that I needed to carve it completely differently. 


Isn't it awesome?! Well it's obviously the one she made...mine looked all wonky and I didn't get a picture of it, but it tasted awesome so it's a shame my artistry skills did not come through for me this time. Maybe if I had used some dental tools to carve it out. I have had an extreme amount of practice with those this year. Here is the link to the instructions in case you would like to give it a try. I had the great idea to use funfetti cake instead of white cake and strawberry cake to make the heart. It looked really neat, it just didn't look like a heart. 





I made a few pom poms including the one above the table with these instructions from Martha Stewart. Martha really knows her stuff. These were so easy to make and they were so pretty. 




I made this banner too. It turned out cute, even though it needs more color in my opinion. I bought cards with a decorative cut edge and glued glittery blue letters on them and then just strung them up on some glittery polka dot ribbon. I bought the rose garlands at Party City.




At this point my friend Correen spilled a glass of water and I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of her. If you want to see the pictures I took, she blogged about it on her website. I love her dearly but I thought it was so funny. Karma got me though and the next few pictures have a spot where my filter got dirty. Next time I guess I should take a picture AFTER I help her clean up.


My cousin, Brooke, her mom/my aunt Cindy, aunt Claudia, and aunt Sheron!




This is Correen with Lyric, the smallest of her 6 children. (3 are stepsons) Lyric was a doll and I was so glad I got to spend some time with her and Correen.


Kelley, also one of my very best friends, came too but I didn't get to take a picture of her. I was so happy that I was able to see her too! She is a fellow bridesmaid and such an encouragement to me. 



This strawberry cake was amazing! Dianne, the receptionist at my dad's office, made it herself. It was as tasty as it looks!






My mom's favourite sisters! 

 


We had so much fun! I told Ashley that it was tradition to break every ribbon on every gift, so I'm looking forward to seeing all my nieces and nephews in a few years! As you can see from all of the gifts, many more people came than I took pictures of and I was so thankful to get to see every one of them. I wish I had taken more pictures of people but I was too busy socializing. It is quite an art to balance taking pictures of all the action and still being a part of everything that is happening.

That night, Korey took me to see David Gray in concert in Atlanta. It was amazing! He sounds just like his CDs. I can't wait until he comes back so I can see him again!


3 comments: