Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Petit fores

I'm helping throw my sister a lingerie shower this weekend. I want it to be fun, but tasteful. For the most part, the decorations just look like a normal shower so I wanted to spice things up a little with the food. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a bakery that would make a cake shaped like a corset so I'm trying to make one myself. 

This was the first attempt. Unfortunately it was a casualty of faulty pan greasing and fell apart instead of coming out in one piece. 


So instead of throwing away several cake mixes worth of cake, I decided to make cake balls. I got the recipe from Bakerella. The recipe is almost identical to the one I posted before when I made the tooth pops with Destiny, minus the popsicle sticks. 




I used this icing


and mixed it with the cake using a fork until it was well combined. 




Then I shaped the mixture into balls....but balls weren't very interesting and I wanted to make something cute for the lingerie shower, so I started shaping them into.....




panties!

Then I dipped them in melted candy coating and let them dry and then decorated them by piping melted white chocolate and sprinkling colored sugar. 




I think they turned out pretty darn cute, even though I may need an intervention to stop referring to them as panty fores. (I'm a sucker for puns.)

1 comment:

  1. Ahaha, I love the panty fores. Also http://naughtycakesatl.com/

    -Jesso

    ReplyDelete