Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Missing in action

ok So I know I haven't updated in a while and so much is happened, I don't even know how to put it into words.

School is a hot mess with tests and quizzes flying every which way and most of them have hit me right in the face, but I'm still here and I'm doing alright. It's just been a trying couple of weeks schoolwise. A speaker once came to Samford when I was in undergrad and he said something that I will always remember, a simple piece of good advice for surviving in school. It was this, "Remember why you're here. Write it on your hands. Write it on your bathroom mirror. Tape it to your front door. Do whatever you have to do, but always remember why you came here. Remember why you're here." It had a big impact on me and the way that I view school. I try to remember to do that whenever I get bogged down in the oh so many tasks that come with school.

This is why I'm here:

To help people
To become a skilled dentist
To learn as much as I can
To make friends with my future fellow dentists
To protect my marriage and grow closer to my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment