Saturday, August 14, 2010

What A Wonderful World

Home again, after a long week of good sweet life. I managed to cross sleeping, eating, and having fun off my to-do list every day without guilt or loss of life, which was a welcome change to the pounding rhythm of the semester.




 I was craving sunshine and sea air and God was gracious on both accounts all week long. I was thinking about sunshine today, how amazing it is, and it reminded me of something Jesus said. He said, 

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12. 

This week was certainly full of life and sunshine. Sometimes I just love the way Jesus put things. So simple. So matter of fact. 

This week I felt the sunshine raining down on me from Heaven, and I felt more and more of life returned to me after stress and worry and work had sucked my reserves dry, although I'm sure He meant for that analogy to make sense to those who had used sunshine to grow food up from the ground. And then there He was, to be my inner sunshine. To fill me up where I had let myself run dry. It feels so good to not be forgotten, even when I forget. Even when I strut my intellect and act like He doesn't exist. I am so thankful for a forgiving God, for a God who remembers me. For a God who made sea air and sunshine. 



For a God who is the light of the world, 
so that I won't have to walk in darkness, 
so that I could live.


So many things to be thankful for. 
My cup runneth over.


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the flying seagulls! And I am glad your cup runneth over.

    ReplyDelete