Saturday, August 28, 2010

A new addition

Last friday as I was talking to Korey after a long day at school and lab work, he pushed the coffee table aside, and would you believe it? There was a sweet nervous little black lab puppy sitting under there. We have been talking about getting a dog for a very long time, but the timing was never right. Last friday however, the stars aligned unbeknownst to me, and Korey went and picked her up. Our friend Jimmy had found her on Craig's list. Black lab breeders had had an accidental litter and were giving away full blooded black labs. We snagged the last one of the litter and I am amazed that she did not get snatched up sooner.


She was nervous that first day but she has since then quickly come out of her shell. 

We took her down by the river this week as a right of passage and to see how she would do in the river water.



Jimmy and Wendy came with us with Jimmy's dog, Madison, and Ben and Kelly met us with Ben's dog, Molly.


I love this place. It's so beautiful, from the tadpoles in the puddles to the gorgeous rushing river. I can't help but wonder what it must have felt like for settlers to stumble upon it for the first time.


I really wanted to get good pictures of our new puppy, Clover, but every time she was sitting pretty and I bent to take her picture, she would run to me. I got several pictures like this. 


And this.


And this. 


And this one is my favorite.


She ran


And played


And got belly rubs.


Korey coaxed her into the water


And she learned that she could swim.






 Madison liked the water too.



I'm not sure how Molly liked the water, but I know she liked the geese.


At least until she discovered the fish.


When Clover finally was all tuckered out, I was able to get a few good shots of her.





And then we took our tired girl home.


Our sweet Clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment