Friday, November 18, 2011

This is what I did on Halloween night.

Photobucket

After a busload of trick or treaters came to the door that is. Last year, we could not pay a kid to ring our doorbell for some candy. This Halloween, we gave out all our candy and when that door bell rang one more time, and three precious little smiles sang out "Trick or treat," Korey panicked and gave them each a one dollar bill. And then we left....before word got out that the little yellow house was giving out money.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I suppose it's appropriate that these photos came in this order. Halloween is the eve of All Saints Day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At Samford, we sang many versions of The Magnificat. They reverberated in my head as I edited these photos.


My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
For he has regarded the lowliness of his handmaiden.
For behold, from this day all generations will call me blessed;
For the mighty one has done great things to me, and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on those who fear him from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm;
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts;
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones and has exalted the holy;
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent empty away.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his seed forever.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, It has been forever since I have been able to read your blog (blah dental school =(). Anyways I just caught up on all my reading, and not only are you an excellent photographer you are a beautiful writer. I love you and there is no way we can thank you enough for the gorgeous emotions you have captured during our journey to becoming parents. So excited about our future sessions and btw just finished up with our Christmas Cards with the pictures you took at the party...can not wait for you to see them =). Have an excellent, restful break!!!

    ReplyDelete