Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Things Are Looking Up

We've had a busy couple of weeks. October is coming to an end. It's amazing to me. It seems as if it was just beginning a few days ago. Soon it will be Thanksgiving which is my favorite time of the year. Cool weather, friends and family, so many things to be thankful for, and the initiation into the Christmas season. I'll even venture out and say that I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas. No expectations or worries about money or gifts or whether or not the true meaning of the holiday has been covered up with materialism. The only expectation is for people to spend quality time with family and be thankful for their life. I almost think it honors God more than the way we celebrate His birthday.

Speaking of birthdays, we went home a few weekends ago to celebrate Korey's mom's birthday and my sister Ashley's too. Of course Clover came along and worked her magic on Korey's family.



Clover has learned that if she looks sweet, I will give her anything in my power that she wants. She has wrapped her little paws around our hearts and is now a very permanent part of our family. 


Before I knew it, we were home again and now even Korey's birthday has come and gone. It was last week and I hope it was a good birthday for him. He is very special to me and I only wish I could've done more to celebrate the day he was born. One day maybe I'll wake him and there will be a Shelby Cobra sitting in our driveway, or maybe boxes of Shelby parts from the kit car I ordered. You know, whichever way he would prefer it. Until then, he'll have to settle for waking up to scratch buttermilk biscuits and chocolate gravy that isn't quite as good as his grandma's, and some brownies that I baked that somehow just didn't turn out. I did buy him a book called "The Cobra In the Barn," which turned out to be a hit. So there was at least one win for the day. That night we went to Mellow Mushroom and had some pizza with friends. We sat outside and laughed and talked. I brought my camera, but I was enjoying myself so much that I didn't take any pictures. I didn't want to miss a moment.

The birthday week continued on thursday night when we went to see Tosh from the show Tosh.0 do stand up. It was really fun and relaxing. With all the stress of school, it was good to sit back and laugh and maybe take myself just a little less seriously. 

Friday night was date night, and after dinner Korey built me a little fire in the backyard.




I had fun trying to take good pictures of the fire and making s'mores.


It was fun just to sit together by the fire and talk and laugh at our silly dog as she played in the backyard.


I love this picture because I was trying to get a picture of Clover with the fire in the background and somehow I managed to capture the exact moment that made her look like her hair was on fire. 


That's my girl.


And then I played with fire.....but only safely through the lens of course.



Saturday we went to the airshow at an airport down the street from our house. It was an amazing day.




















































Unfortunately, there were no pets allowed, so Clover had to stay home.


Don't worry. We got her a pup cup from Dairy Queen and all was right again. In fact, now I'm pretty sure every time we get in the car, she thinks that's where we're going.

No comments:

Post a Comment